Food For Thought




'Louise Jane Lemon ....You can do anything you want to, if you put your mind to it ' My Mum




'Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever' Lance Armstrong




'Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt ' Jose Ortega y Gassett





'The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' Lao Tzu




'Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving'Albert Einstein

Sunday 20 February 2011

Whats that coming over the hill is it a monster ??? is it a monster ????

Training Weekend No 4

Saturday

Avoch-Inverness- The back of beyond-Dores-Back to the back of beyond-Inverness-Munlochy -Avoch - 52 MILES ;-)

Nope.... no monster, just me coming down the hill to the shores of Loch Ness at 48 km p/h  ....woooooo hoooo, who'd have thought it, four weeks ago i would hardly take my hands of the brakes and now I'm quite liking this descent business ;-) I have to say, we had a fab ride on Saturday, the sun was shining, it was nice and warm, the scenery was gorgeous, we had some cracking wee hills to go up (and down),  a lovely pub lunch at the Dores Inn and to top it all of we cracked the 50 mile mark.



When i got my bike, i thought it was realistic to set a target of a 20mile increase each month. Its week four and I'm well ahead of schedule, so I'm delighted with my progress. No challenge is to big if you split it into little bits right ?

Later that evening, of i went to the theatre (feeling all chuffed with myself) to listen to a fascinating young man called Alistair Humphreys tell his story about how he travelled 46,000 miles around the world on a push bike. Motivating with a capital M. He told his story with such passion and humour aided by his amazing photos and inspiring quotes .... 'its better to live one year as a tiger than 100 as a sheep ' , ' life is not too short, its just we waste a lot of it ' . I liked those two :-) http://www.alastairhumphreys.com/ Take a look, he's some guy !

Sunday

Avoch- Ardendrain - 21miles

I had a nice run round Rosemarkie and Fortrose this morning before going out on my bike on my lonesome whilst Richard was away doing his first half marathon of the year. A huge well done on your time Richard,  sooooo proud of you ;-))))

I had a wee cycle over to my mums, it was a bit chilly but apart from that pretty enjoyable. I climbed the same hill i went up on my second ever bike ride, much faster and with much more ease. Perhaps because i wasn't blethering to my partner in crime or perhaps I'm just getting stronger !?!?!?

My bike is having a rest next weekend whilst i get my cocktail / city fix with little Lou so nothing to report till the Ullapool ride in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy targeted facebook likes
facebook likes buy
how to buy facebook likes

buy targeted facebook likes buy guaranteed facebook fans
buy guaranteed facebook fans buy facebook page likes
_________________
buy bulk facebook fans [url=http://mohnfahsai.com/webboard/index.php?action=profile;u=176556]buy guaranteed facebook fans[/url] buy bulk facebook fans buy facebook page likes