Food For Thought




'Louise Jane Lemon ....You can do anything you want to, if you put your mind to it ' My Mum




'Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever' Lance Armstrong




'Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt ' Jose Ortega y Gassett





'The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' Lao Tzu




'Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving'Albert Einstein

Wednesday 8 June 2011

Cairngorm Challenge The UK's highest event on a public road (632m)- Finish on Scotland's Alpe D'huez!

This week took us to the Cairngorm Challenge. It was a fab day, i entered the 50 mile ride and Speedy the 100 mile ride. It was quite an experience. Given that most of my cycling has been done with at most two others, it was quite scary having theses big cycling packs flying past shouting in their cycling club slang. I can understand totally now why they are called 'packs', one minute you are cycling solo and the next they are upon you like wolves. raaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr !!

The route took us from the car park at the Cairngorms, along to Colyumbridge, Nethy Bridge, almost round to Grantown then back in a circle finishing back where we started, a 600 mtr climb over 3 miles back to the car park. I kind of lost it on the hill and must have been overtaken by at least 15 cyclists. I didn't really stop to eat or re fuel so that didn't help, in hindsight i could have done with some calories before the climb. Never mind lesson learnt, it certainly didn't put me off, I've entered another 65mile race In Ullapool on the 24th of September, considering the 100miler from Glasgow to Edinburgh and registered my interest to do the Etape Caledonia next year..... its all very exciting this cycling business....

So i came, get this .....104th woo hoo .... which i wasn't hugely proud of until my dear mum pointed out that although this may be the case i was 17th lady which made me feel loads better ...thanks mum, love you mwahhhhhhh xxx

So neither of us broke any records, not that we thought we were going to, but in my eyes we were both champions ......

Champion No 1


Champion No 2

Two Tired Bikes

No comments: