Food For Thought




'Louise Jane Lemon ....You can do anything you want to, if you put your mind to it ' My Mum




'Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever' Lance Armstrong




'Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt ' Jose Ortega y Gassett





'The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' Lao Tzu




'Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving'Albert Einstein

Monday 28 March 2011

0 - 80 in 8 Weeks

DRUMNADROCHIT -CANNICH - M of O - TORE -KILLEN -ROSEMARKIE-AVOCH - 80.25 MILES

Sunday 27th March

Holidays over and ready for a challenge. Speedy was away racing in Elgin so i set out by myself just before 8am with an extendable route in mind. I figured that if the weather was kind and i felt ok i would just keep turning those pedals till i ached. So that's what i did..... it was a great day weather wise and the wind wasn't a problem so i just cruised along till i got to about 50 miles and i stopped for lunch. Before i got back on my bike i did  a quick check .............

Legs feel ok - tick .....arms ok - tick ........ back ok - tick tick tick......

I was good to go the long way home, so i thought i would aim for 80 miles my longest ride yet. However after about 65 miles all of a sudden i started to ache, i was getting pretty uncomfortable, my last climb from Munlochy to Killen was quite tough as the tiredness kicked in. A few miles on and i'd never been so happy to see a hill, only a month or so ago i would have made my hands numb from holding on to the brakes so hard, but yesterday i was delighted to fly down the hill to Rosemarkie at 30mph and let myself recover for a minute or two. When i arrived home, I got off my bike and my body ached, my back, my bum, my shoulders, my hands.... you get the general idea i'm sure. I was dreading how i would feel this morning but surprisingly i was fine.

After six and a half hours on my bike i was aching and exhausted, but that was yesterday, today i was ready to do it all again. 100 miles .............bring it on ;-)

No comments: