Food For Thought




'Louise Jane Lemon ....You can do anything you want to, if you put your mind to it ' My Mum




'Pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever' Lance Armstrong




'Effort is only effort when it begins to hurt ' Jose Ortega y Gassett





'The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step' Lao Tzu




'Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving'Albert Einstein

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Get on yer bike .............................

Goodbye fake lashes, high heels and glam Glasgow, I'm back in my sports gear and back on my bike
So whats new  ???
It's the start of a new month and a whole new set of mileage challenges. Its not long now before the nights get lighter so i'll be able to get in a few evening rides as well.
I fear that soon i will have to give up a few hours a week at my beloved gym. Never mind its not that bad, infact its not bad at all, with so many beautiful places to cycle, i'm totally spoilt for choice.

I've been out for a wee ride today around the Black Isle and it was ace, fresh, but not too cold, nice clear skies and snow covered mountains. Isn't it funny how you see things differently when you're out on your bike.

So where have i been ?

Avoch-Rosemarkie-Cromarty-Balblair-Culbokie-Munlochy- Avoch - 35 miles

Everytime i go out now i discover something new and today my biggest find was unlike when i'm in the gym, i much prefer listenning to a bit of Rock rather than Dance music....it felt quite liberating cruising down the quiet country hills singing along with the Kings of Leon.  'if you call me now baby, i'll come a running ' wooooooo clearly all this fresh air is going to my head ;-) 

Moving on ........Here's a link to a nice pretty graph if anyone wants a look at today's ride ....

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/70906276?sms_ss=blogger&at_xt=4d6e6de309cfbae9%2C0

Roll on Saturday - Fingers crossed for reasonable weather -Ullapool here we come .......

No comments: